Visitors at Jessie McPherson Private Hospital.
VISIT OUR COVID-19 UPDATE PAGE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON VISITING RESTRICTIONS.
Updated Thursday 10 June, 2021
**Changes effective 11.59pm Thursday 10 June until further notice, following advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer**
At this time, no visitors are allowed at Jessie McPherson Private Hospital, excluding the exceptions below. We know this will cause disappointment, but it is a necessary step in protecting patients, healthcare workers and the community. Please consider alternatives to visiting, such as phone calls and video chat.
Caregivers can attend the following areas:
GENERAL WARDS (31 North, 31 South, 51 South)
- Visitors are not permitted
MATERNITY WARD (51 North)
We recognise the specific needs of our maternity patients and the importance of the role partners/support people play. Please be aware that partners/support people will need to follow strict guidelines once they are on the ward. Thank you for understanding that these measures are necessary to keep our new mothers and their babies safe.
BIRTH & PREGNANCY ASSESSMENT UNIT (PAU)
- During labour and birth, two support people can be present at any time (change effective from 11:59pm Thursday 10 June)
POSTNATAL PATIENTS (AFTER BIRTH):
- Only one partner or support person is permitted to visit
- Partner or support person is welcome to remain throughout the postnatal stay
- Children including siblings are not permitted
JESSIE PARENTING SANCTUARY AT HOTEL CHADSTONE MELBOURNE, MGALLERY BY SOFITEL:
- The Jessie Parenting Sanctuary at Hotel Chadstone will be paused until further notice
SPECIAL CARE NURSERY:
- Two parents are permitted to visit at any time between 7am and 8pm
- All parents with babies in the Special Care Nursery will be provided with a carer’s certificate that allows them to enter the building
- Visits are not time limited
TERMINAL CARE / LIFE-THREATENING SITUATIONS / UNSTABLE OR DETERIORATING SITUATIONS
- Two visitors at a time can provide compassionate support for a patient:
- at the late stages of a terminal illness
- where there is a high risk of death in relation to impending treatment or surgery, or
- where a patient’s condition has been assessed as unstable or deteriorating.
- Visits are not time-limited
A caregiver may be permitted to attend in other exceptional circumstances. Arrangements for caregiver support must be discussed with the Nurse or Midwife in Charge prior to attending.
Exceptional circumstances may occur that require an exemption. If this is the case please reach out to the Nurse in Charge who will use the latest information, clinical judgement and the needs of the patient to review the situation.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Jessie McPherson Private Hospital Coordinator on 9594 5167 if you still have concerns.
As a condition of entry, visitors must:
- Not visit if you are unwell
- Be screened for signs of COVID-19 on entry
- Register on entry
- Wear a mask
- Maintain 1.5m physical distance from others
- Follow staff instructions at all times
- For the latest information and advice on COVID-19, please visit the DHHS website (dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus)
- If you believe you are showing symptoms call the Coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline 1800 675 398
- For information in languages other than English call 131 450
- For updates from Monash Health, including Monash Medical Centre, Clayton visit monashhealth.org/patients-visitors/coronavirus
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak: Beyond Blue