Our Cardiac Care Unit follows a long-established tradition of quality care and innovation, specialising in diagnosing and treating cardiac-related diseases and conditions.
In addition to our own highly skilled medical team, our patients enjoy access to some of the best cardiac care in the world through our on-site relationship with MonashHeart.
We ensure your care is managed even after you have gone home by offering cardiac patients access to cardiac rehabilitation programs. These programs assist people who have experienced a cardiac event or heart disease to recover faster and return to full and productive lives. The goals of these programs are to improve your physical fitness, increase your understanding of heart disease and provide support for any lifestyle changes we encourage you to make.
Our Cardiac Care Unit is equipped with the latest cardiac monitoring technology and equipment.
Our high level services include:
- Critical Care and High Dependency beds for patients who require a higher level of specialised care
- An Intensive Care Unit to allow for the best in immediate pre and post-surgery observation and care
- On site specialist medical team which includes cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiac aneasthetists
The Cardiac Care Unit offers patients care in acute diagnostic and interventional cardiology, cardiac and thoracic surgery.
Our services include:
- Interventional procedures such as coronary angioplasty, percutaneous coronary intervention and structural heart intervention
- Cardiac rhythm management procedures including pacemaker and implantable cardiac defibrillator implantation, electrophysiology study and ablation procedures
- Cardiac and thoracic surgery including coronary artery bypass graft surgery, heart valve repair/replacement, surgery for tumors, congenital heart disease and left ventricular structural disease and surgery for a combination of these
- Advanced cardiac imaging including echocardiography, cardiac CT and cardiac MRI
We also extend our care to adolescent patients requiring cardiac surgery or cardiac procedures. We are fortunate to have Cardiothoracic Surgeons who specialises in adolescent surgery as we have all the facilities required for these procedures on site.
This allows us to be one of the only private hospitals able to provide such a specialised service.
Information on tests and procedures offered by the Cardiac Unit can be found on the MonashHeart website. Here you will find an overview of each procedure, as well as downloadable information booklets.