Breastfeeding Support Service
Ensuring you have the best breastfeeding experience possible
At Jessie McPherson Private, we support mothers and babies through their breastfeeding journey. Our Breastfeeding Support Service provides care and support to make sure you have the best breastfeeding experience possible.
Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants offer individual breastfeeding support and advice for mothers in the lead-up to birth, and in the important first few months of breastfeeding.
The Breastfeeding Support Service offers breastfeeding support to Jessie McPherson Private patients. This includes current and former patients, up to six weeks post-natal. We also support mothers whose babies are in our Special Care Nursery.
Our breastfeeding support includes:
- Help with common breastfeeding issues
- Help developing a feeding plan
- Support expressing and storing breastmilk
- Assessing breast milk supply
- Breast pump hire and support
We can also refer you to community services for ongoing support of you and your baby.
What should I do for my appointment?
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 our outpatient appointments for discharged patients are currently available through secure video conferencing. For information on video appointments click here.
We recommend that you:
- Call 9594 5160 to book an appointment.
- If you need to cancel please text 0435 652 881.
- Try not to feed your baby 1-2 hours before your appointment, so we can observe a feed during your visit.
We recommend that you bring:
- Your Child Health Record book (green book)
- Some nappies and spare clothes for your baby
- Any other items needed for the care and feeding of your baby
- Expressed breast milk in a cooler bag (if your baby is having expressed breast milk instead of or in addition to breastfeeding)
- Infant formula in a cooler bag (if your baby is having formula)
- Due to limited space this service is for mothers and newborns only.
- A visit usually takes between one and three hours.
Download this booklet from the ABA:
The following links may be helpful: